Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking space city centre

Options
  • 13-03-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So beside my work there is on street parking paid by the meter and also double yellow lines. However there is space for one car which is not enclosed like the others ie. no white paint surrounding it.

As it is neither enclosed, blocking entrances, escapes, close to any bend etc. does this make it a free parking spot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

There was possibly a car on that space when the yellow lines were re-painted at some point, and DCC haven't bothered their holes fixing it.

If there are spaces opposite, park there and pay for it. If there's supposed to be a double yellow on the opposite side, there'll be a good reason for it. My guess is, emergency services can't get down if there are cars on both sides of the street.

There's a similiar situation outside my apartment block, and I've seen the Fire Service, flashing lights and all, have to reverse back up the street as they couldn't get through. Hopefully no-one died as a result.
    I've said this to people I've seen parking on the spot, but they don't give a shiht and continue to do so. You don't want to be that person I'm sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is it beside a solid white line? Within 5m of a corner? Both of those would rule it out as a legal parking space, regardless of yellow lines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you willing to share the actual location?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

No not within distance of a corner, no white line, not a narrow street. Its a road that busses pass quite easily and there is parking on both sides, just this space that doesnt seem to have been assigned??

Advertisement