Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't listen to (iPod) FM radio with bluetooth headphones

Options
  • 13-03-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi Boards, I am having an issue whereby I cannot listen to the FM radio on my iPod 7th generation, with my Bluetooth earphones. The FM radio requires a 3.5mm cable plugged into the iPod, which acts as the antenna and the sound then comes out of those earphones. However, when I connect my Bluetooth earphones to the iPod, I cannot listen to FM radio as it is already playing through the non-bluetooth earphones.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks a lot – S2S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tunein radio app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi Boards, I am having an issue whereby I cannot listen to the FM radio on my iPod 7th generation, with my Bluetooth earphones. The FM radio requires a 3.5mm cable plugged into the iPod, which acts as the antenna and the sound then comes out of those earphones. However, when I connect my Bluetooth earphones to the iPod, I cannot listen to FM radio as it is already playing through the non-bluetooth earphones.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks a lot – S2S
    Would plugging in something like this be sufficient to act as an antenna but also allow you to play via bluetooth?

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-3-5mm-male-to-female-headphone-adapter

The only other idea I have is that you put a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter into the headphone port:

https://www.amazon.com/VR-robot-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Portable-Adapter/dp/B01NAG4JOO

Tbh, I have no idea would either work, but it's the best I can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Thanks. The issue is, as soon as a 3.5 is plugged into the iPod, only the MP3 music will play over the BT earphones. You can actually listen to the radio (through the plugged in earphones) and MP3 music over the BT earphones at the same time.
    The only thing I thought of too was the BT transmitter which you have suggested above. Other than that, I am lost!
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

shanec1928 wrote: »
    tunein radio app?
    Not available on my iPod. I would have the problem sorted if I just used my phone when running but its to big to be lugging around!

Advertisement