Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Code

Options
  • 13-03-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am trying to unlock my phone from my provider.

They gave me three different unlock codes but no instructions as to how to unlock the phone.

I entered put a different providers SIM into my phone and entered the codes provided one by one.

The third code worked.

It then asked for a different code...this is where I messed up.

I wasn't too sure of the code so I entered the codes provided starting with code number 1 again.

My phone is now saying:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

It still works with my providers SIM Card.

My provider just keeps telling me to try to unlock the phone but its not working.

Is there a "Network PUK" they should be giving me?

Apologies for the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Seems like the other SIM was set to request a PIN on startup. It's that SIMs PUK it's asking for. The PUK is usually on the backing card that the SIM was stuck to when it was new.

Try the other SIM in another phone to see if it asks for a PIN or PUK.

Have you a third SIM with PIN request turned off to check?

If the phone is not unlocked yet then be careful in case there are only a certain number of attempts you can make.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Seems like the other SIM was set to request a PIN on startup. It's that SIMs PUK it's asking for. The PUK is usually on the backing card that the SIM was stuck to when it was new.

Try the other SIM in another phone to see if it asks for a PIN or PUK.

Have you a third SIM with PIN request turned off to check?

If the phone is not unlocked yet then be careful in case there are only a certain number of attempts you can make.

Thanks Ten Pin.

I brought the phone to one of the providers shops today and that was exactly it, they needed the PUK of the new SIM card to get it unlocked.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement