Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy on Tyrconnell street, Inchicore

Options
  • 13-03-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'd really appreciate some help. I'm after falling in love with a house off Tyrconnell Road on a little avenue called Tyrconnell Street where the entrance to the Rosedale apartments are. We love the house but I know next to nothing about the area. A lot of houses on the avenue seem abandoned or vacated and I've read some stuff about serious flooding in the area back in 2013/2014. If anyone could help it would be invaluable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hi. I worked in Inchicore since 2013. It's an ok area. During the day everything is fine but the shops can get rough in the evening. St. Michael's estate at the back of the eurospar isn't great. I accidentally drove down there one evening and I quickly made my escape. West of tyrconnell Road is better. There are some nice quiet and safe streets around Inchicore Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I live very close to there. It's a great area in that it's close to everything, there was bad flooding there in 2014 but that was due to somebody opening a lock on the canal, it has only happened the once in all the years I'm here(all my life) and it wasn't actually that bad with very little damage.

I like that little street, it's very quiet but parking seems to be a pain. The Tesco is a dump and the Eurospar isn't much better but there's a far nicer Eurospar at Kilmainham and the Londis on Tyrconnell Road is great plus you are close to Dunnes in Crumlin and Ashleaf and there's a bigger Tesco in Ballyfermot.

Couple of nice pubs in Inchicore too. But you're on the doorstep of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ginger83

shinshine wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some help. I'm after falling in love with a house off Tyrconnell Road on a little avenue called Tyrconnell Street where the entrance to the Rosedale apartments are. We love the house but I know next to nothing about the area. A lot of houses on the avenue seem abandoned or vacated and I've read some stuff about serious flooding in the area back in 2013/2014. If anyone could help it would be invaluable.

I used to deliver to the area, places like Jamaal 5 in 1, afternoons and evenings.

One word.......KIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Grand, bit on the rougher end of the spectrum but nothing to worry about.

Getting insurance though due to the proximity of the river may be a different story.

Advertisement