Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest iq indoor cam placement

Options
  • 12-03-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Thinking of ordering a nest iq indoor cam. The easiest placement would be in corner that isn't pointing directly at front door entrance. It would be pointing back into the room. The camera would still pick up anyone in the room but is it pointless installing one if it's not pointing directly at the entrance? Pointing at the entrance would require wiring and wall mount and would definitely be more visible in the room.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Attached sketch

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd say still useful, though obviously less useful, a burglar might not look towards the camera, but you would still be able to confirm that someone is breaking in and call the Gardai.

bk wrote: »
    I'd say still useful, though obviously less useful, a burglar might not look towards the camera, but you would still be able to confirm that someone is breaking in and call the Gardai.
    Yes that's what I'm thinking and as the camera is less obvious might be not try to avoid.. still im not sure.. 349 for the camera and 50 euro a year for 5 days recording.. I like the idea of having the nest doorbell camera when it arrives to.. not sure if a subscription is required for it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

think you have to declare that cctv is in operation...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes that's what I'm thinking and as the camera is less obvious might be not try to avoid.. still im not sure.. 349 for the camera and 50 euro a year for 5 days recording.. I like the idea of having the nest doorbell camera when it arrives to.. not sure if a subscription is required for it to?

Logitech Circle instead? Free 24 hour storage, no sub needed and cheaper up front.

Plenty of other options too.
    think you have to declare that cctv is in operation...

Not in your own home you don't!

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    Logitech Circle instead? Free 24 hour storage, no sub needed and cheaper up front.

Plenty of other options too.

Not in your own home you don't!

Already pushed the button on nest.. Their 5 day history 30 euro per year which isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

I've 3 nest cameras, think they're the business.

budhabob wrote: »
    I've 3 nest cameras, think they're the business.

Do you have subscriptions with them? Set up mine at the weekend. Only have it running when away from the house at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Do you have subscriptions with them? Set up mine at the weekend. Only have it running when away from the house at the moment

Ya, set up subscriptions last week, €110 for all three which I think is decent enough value. Only got around to installing the external camera yesterday, but find them great.

Advertisement