Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet size for this head?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Goose81

UrbanFret wrote: »
    What size helmet should I go for large or extra large?:confused:
    6xvinm.jpg

The tape is pulled fairly tight in the picture

This is the lid I'm looking at. I wear glasses if that matters. The large in this particular helmet is 59-60 XL is 61-62

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/319369

XL , sure the large won't even fit you especially with glasses. Well it will fit but it won't be comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Goose81 wrote: »
    XL , sure the large won't even fit you especially with glasses. Well it will fit but it won't be comfortable

Cheers mate. XL is is then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cheers mate. XL is is then.:D

XL from one manufacturer is not the same as another. You need to go to a shop with a decent selection and try on a few different brands. I had an Arai lid and it fitted fine got a Shark and had a huge pressure point on the forehead. Both were bought after getting my head measured in a shop, only found out later to leave the lid on for a while in the shop.

Only problem is that with everyone going into shops to try stuff on and then buy on the Internet bricks and mortar shops are closing down so it's getting harder to get a proper fitted helmet and no saving is worth that.

Del2005 wrote: »
    XL from one manufacturer is not the same as another. You need to go to a shop with a decent selection and try on a few different brands. I had an Arai lid and it fitted fine got a Shark and had a huge pressure point on the forehead. Both were bought after getting my head measured in a shop, only found out later to leave the lid on for a while in the shop.

Only problem is that with everyone going into shops to try stuff on and then buy on the Internet bricks and mortar shops are closing down so it's getting harder to get a proper fitted helmet and no saving is worth that.

Buy the XL for cheap off the web and if it doesn't fit send it back

Buy the XL for cheap off the web and if it doesn't fit send it back

2 weeks or so with no lid then.

Free returns are a huge cost to online businesses. So after they have killed off bricks and mortar shops, which is happening in all sectors of retail, they will be increasing their prices. They by law have to except the free return but they will increase cost as they kill off competition as they are not looking out for the customer they are looking after the shareholders.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/12/16/a-260-billion-ticking-time-bomb-the-costly-business-of-retail-returns.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

XL from one manufacturer is not the same as another.

This! It may not even be the same from the same manufacture!
    I made this mistake - had a shop bought HJC and bought another HJC but different model online and it was such a different fit!
    Try it on and make sure it fits is the only way.

I ordered the XL off that site. If it doesn't fit back she goes. I live on the border so I can use a UK postal address. its free returns so not to worry. Dundalk I think is the nearest shop to me really ,unless Belleek (No website so hard to know what exactly they have in stock). I'll post when it get's here and let you know either way.

I ordered the XL off that site. If it doesn't fit back she goes. I live on the border so I can use a UK postal address. its free returns so not to worry. Dundalk I think is the nearest shop to me really ,unless Belleek (No website so hard to know what exactly they have in stock). I'll post when it get's here and let you know either way.

Crossans are in Newry and have a huge selection.

https://www.thevisorshop.com/

Getting a helmet cheap that doesn't fit correctly is a waste of money.

Cheers what was the motorbike shop in dundalk back in the 80's .I've forgotten it's name. does it still exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You'll never fit an XL on that Noggin... I'd recommend 2 mediums...

• Advertisement

Why do you seem to think the only way to get a correctly fitting helmet is to go into a shop?

The guy in the shop can't try the helmet on for you.

The manufacturers put sizes on helmets and advise what size heads they will fit in cm for a reason.
    Chances are probably 95% the helmet will fit him perfectly, it might not. Some helmets just don't fit certain head sizes but in all likelihood it will.

He has done everything he can to ensure it will fit, accurately measuring his head and going by the size chart. your going on as if he has just picked a size out of thin air and guessed it will fit him

Why do you seem to think the only way to get a correctly fitting helmet is to go into a shop?

The guy in the shop can't try the helmet on for you.

The manufacturers put sizes on helmets and advise what size heads they will fit in cm for a reason.
    Chances are probably 95% the helmet will fit him perfectly, it might not. Some helmets just don't fit certain head sizes but in all likelihood it will.

He has done everything he can to ensure it will fit, accurately measuring his head and going by the size chart. your going on as if he has just picked a size out of thin air and guessed it will fit him

Because when you put the helmet on and wear it for a while you'll know. If you buy online then you will wait a couple of weeks for a replacement, or else ride with an incorrectly fitted helmet! If you go into a shop you pick up another and try that on, keep repeating till you get one that fits. Getting a replacement of the same model is fine online but not for a first fitting.

Because when you put the helmet on and wear it for a while you'll know. If you buy online then you will wait a couple of weeks for a replacement, or else ride with an incorrectly fitted helmet! If you go into a shop you pick up another and try that on, keep repeating till you get one that fits. Getting a replacement of the same model is fine online but not for a first fitting.

It's not going to be incorrectly fitted, he has measured his head perfectly and has followed the size guide, unless he has some crazy shaped head it will more than likely be perfect

Who's to say he doesn't already have a helmet he can wear if he needs to send it back

No one in their right mind would buy a helmet from a shop these days and pay 50 quid extra for the privilege of trying it on

Go rat out someone for not having tax on their bike or someone not having an nct on a car, incorrect scooter insurance or whatever else keeps you busy these days mate because you are wasting your breath on this thread. Man's bought the helmet deal with it, if it doesn't fit we will help him

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Very hard to buy a helmet or any bike clothing on the web unless you tried on identical item and even then.....

I was at the UK bike show trying on every size of particular helmet and it just didn't feel comfortable!

Helmet delivered at lunchtime today so took about 36 hrs and guess what it fits perfectly. Thanks to all who contributed especially Goose81. ;)

2hgwepj.jpg

Delighted for you man, nice lid

Very hard to buy a helmet or any bike clothing on the web unless you tried on identical item and even then.....

I was at the UK bike show trying on every size of particular helmet and it just didn't feel comfortable!

Don't agree at all, I've bought every item I own off the web without trying it on. They give measurements for a reason.

If you helmet is comfortable when you try it on it probably doesn't fit you, it should be snug/uncomfortable and wear in

Don't agree at all, I've bought every item I own off the web without trying it on. They give measurements for a reason.

If you helmet is comfortable when you try it on it probably doesn't fit you, it should be snug/uncomfortable and wear in

Yes that sums it up about right. It's a little tight but not uncomfortably so. No pressure points . I'm very Happy with it.;)

Advertisement