Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV to headphones

Options
  • 12-03-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

This may have been asked before, when I connect my headphones to the tv headphone socket I lose the sound from the tv for others in the room. The tv has an digital audio output socket as well as the headphone socket. Is it possible to connect the headphones to this and if so what would I need. The tv is a Samsung ue46f5000ak.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Video Displays

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I highly doubt it, the digital audio you talk about is pure digital form of communication and would need an amplifier to decode the digital data to analog sounds you can hear.

Only thing I can think of is is there a menu option anywhere to allow sound to passthrough to TV speakers when the headphones are connected but I presume you've already looked for this in the manual?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

Thanks guys, I solved the problem by making an rca to 3.5mm headphone plug connected to the rca sockets at the back of the freesat box, this allows me to use the headphones and the tv speakers at the same time. I know that this is "old hat" to some of you young people but to a visually impaired 81 year old it was a great achievement . I assume that I can buy some where a real connecter to do this.

Advertisement