Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOLBEAT Belfast and Dublin

Options
  • 12-03-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭

Holy mother of god

Belfast Sat 26th May, Olympia Sun 27th May

Tix on sale Wednesday, from €30, that's a steal

Screen%20Shot%202018-03-12%20at%2012.23.54%20PM_zps1tipubh2.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going to a match that Sunday and have to miss the gig

would love to go but have to wait til next time, great band

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to a match that Sunday and have to miss the gig

would love to go but have to wait til next time, great band

be a long wait, been waiting 6yrs since last visit, missed that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Only two months away.

presale code is rebelsandangels

tricky one to judge, headling festivals in central europe, playing the arena's everywhere else

any chance of another date added for the monday 28th ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's certainly a possibility as they have almost a week between the Olympia gig and their next gig in Norway.

what game can be more important than a cracking gig?

just bought 2 standing

scudzilla wrote: »
    what game can be more important than a cracking gig?

just bought 2 standing

Clare vs Waterford in the hurling in ennis

love me hurling it comes first

Clare vs Waterford in the hurling in ennis

love me hurling it comes first

ah jaysus, there was me thinking you were sacking the gig for an important game :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DJCarr244

Any word on support act for the Dublin/Belfast show's?

Seems all quiet and only 1 week away!

• Advertisement

Have fun 2morrow all u lucky bastards going to the show

Can't make it and would love to see them live. Next time hopefully

Fangclub are supporting but bigger news......
    Barney from Napalm is with 'em :D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fantastic gig, my skull is still shaking from all the double bass, as it f*cking should be, I'm not mad on Napalm Death but it was cool to see them perform Evelyn with Barney, Doc Holliday, Black Rose and Seal the Deal were the highlights, that new song sounded decent, I liked the Iron Maiden style harmony.

Rob is the best guitarist the band has had, nice to have a bit more lead playing rather than the straight rhythm guitarists they had before him.

if I was to have one gripe it was they left out some great songs, the curse of having a strong back catalogue I suppose.

Only one person went past me to go to the bar and there was barely any talking, why can't all gigs be like that :(

Fangclub were grand, but your man's American accent and taking off of Kurt Cobain's image are a bit cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Fantastic gig, my skull is still shaking from all the double bass, as it f*cking should be, I'm not mad on Napalm Death but it was cool to see them perform Evelyn with Barney, Doc Holliday, Black Rose and Seal the Deal were the highlights, that new song sounded decent, I liked the Iron Maiden style harmony.

Rob is the best guitarist the band has had, nice to have a bit more lead playing rather than the straight rhythm guitarists they had before him.

if I was to have one gripe it was they left out some great songs, the curse of having a strong back catalogue I suppose.

Only one person went past me to go to the bar and there was barely any talking, why can't all gigs be like that :(

Fangclub were grand, but your man's American accent and taking off of Kurt Cobain's image are a bit cringey.

Thanks for the review. What was the turnout like? Big crowd?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

yknaa wrote: »
    Thanks for the review. What was the turnout like? Big crowd?

I was halfway back in the standing area, it looked full to me, couldn't see the seating area.

Advertisement