Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY bike fit on my mountain bike

Options
  • 11-03-2018 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Been off the road for some months now due to on going vertigo. Could barely stand up let alone trust myself to clip into pedals on my road bike in case I got the dizzy spells and keeled over before I got my foot down. It seems to be subsiding at last but I'd still feel nervous about going out on the road bike.

So I've an old mtb in the shed with ordinary pedals (so I can easily put my foot down in case the vertigo comes back) that will get me out and about. Thing is, while my road bike was set up by Aidan Hammond and fits me well, the mtb was never set up properly and even short spins on it wear me out (whereas I can easily do 100kms on the road bike). Any tips on how I'd set the mtb up to suit me so I can go for longer spins on it? I know it's a different geometry and all but as I have my measurements from the road bike set up, can these be used as a base line to set up the mtb?

Advertisement