Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyway to recycle tyres and tubes ?

Options
  • 11-03-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I have a collection of old tyres and tubes from my bikes that has been built up over the years , id like to recycle them and not throw them into landfill , is this possible ?

I dont have the time to turn them all into wallets or a designer suit just want to give them in somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Bring them to your local tyre shop and see will they take them. Might cost you though as they have to pay to recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I cut old tubes either side of the valve and use the length of tube as a binder for trees and shrubs and supporting stakes in the garden. Very tree friendly as it does not cut in to bark.

As far as tyres go I wait patiently until a friendly neighbour gets a skip - I always get permission first ;)

Advertisement