Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level Pay: what's in it for them

Options
  • 11-03-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I had a Bord G salesperson call me with a "offer" of 50 euro if I switch to level pay. What's in it for them to offer it? Surely it's only of benefit (possibly) to the customer.... or am I missing something??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

They get regular payments, always on time. You don't get a large bill one month and delay payment causing them to send out reminders etc.

They get to hold up to €200 of your money too (varies but it's supposed to max at that). In effect you eventually move from paying in arrears to sometimes paying in advance!

My attitude is it's only a couple of hundred euro and it won't make much interest in the bank for me anyway. However if I had debts and no savings and cash was tight, then it might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I always pay by Direct debit anyway in full so I thought it was odd they contacted me. I went for it anyway as due to a few missed meter readings my last bill was 600 euro.

Advertisement