Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8 plus (Silver & orchid grey) €606 @ Amazon.de

Options
  • 11-03-2018 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Direct from Amazon. Not a 3rd party.
    The only drawback is it comes with a 2 pin charger.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

€589 to ship to UK address, so €594 odd with Parcel wizard or Parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

€589 to ship to UK address, so €594 odd with Parcel wizard or Parcel motel

They both have very limited insurance (~ €100) so for peace of mind I would get it shipped directly to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

Its worth keeping an eye on Amazon proce drops for these. I bagged one last week for 405£ / 466euro for amazon UK. Arrived last night new sealed box, Irish charger etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Notch000 wrote:
    Its worth keeping an eye on Amazon proce drops for these. I bagged one last week for 405£ / 466euro for amazon UK. Arrived last night new sealed box, Irish charger etc

Are you sure it was sold by amazon and not any third party seller ?

bromley52 wrote:
    Direct from Amazon. Not a 3rd party. The only drawback is it comes with a 2 pin charger.

Gone up to 663 now...

• Advertisement

Notch000 wrote: »
    Its worth keeping an eye on Amazon proce drops for these. I bagged one last week for 405£ / 466euro for amazon UK. Arrived last night new sealed box, Irish charger etc :)

Was it definitely the S8 plus and sold directly by Amazon as according to the camel site it has never been that low?

Did anyone who order get dispatch email ?

Did anyone who order get dispatch email ?

I contacted them and they are waiting on more stock to arrive next week. My expected shipping is 14-26 March.

Mine says expected delivery of 17-20 march..

Quick one...how is the return/warranty etc with amazon germany ? At par with amazon UK ?

Quick one...how is the return/warranty etc with amazon germany ? At par with amazon UK ?

Don't know but I would presume just as good as Amazon UK. Btw my order is now saying delivery by Monday which will be Tuesday of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

bromley52 wrote: »
    Notch000 wrote: »

Was it definitely the S8 plus and sold directly by Amazon as according to the camel site it has never been that low?
    sorry no just a standard S8, was third party too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

The same but you will need to ship it back to Germany yourself at your own cost.

redcup342 wrote:
    The same but you will need to ship it back to Germany yourself at your own cost.

I have heard they give prepaid lable if its sold by amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I have heard they give prepaid lable if its sold by amazon.

Prepaid label is only for Germany.

Similarly if you buy from Amazon UK in Germany you have to send the item back to them at your own cost.

redcup342 wrote: »

You pay for the return postage and if the reason for returning the item was a warranty issue they will refund the postage costs.

Got dispatch email....

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

You pay for the return postage and if the reason for returning the item was a warranty issue they will refund the postage costs.

I had an issue with a phone I bought from amazon de and they replaced it with a new phone foc and gave me a prepaid label to return old one last year.

Yeah thats what i thought...they give prepaid labels

Got this yesterday...oreo update received straight away...

I got mine as well. I put the Eir mobile firmware pack onto it so I could use WiFi calling. Of course they are the only ones who haven't implemented the Oreo update.

B.t.w it's gone back down in price again and black is available now.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote:

bromley52 wrote:
    I got mine as well. I put the Eir mobile firmware pack onto it so I could use WiFi calling. Of course they are the only ones who haven't implemented the Oreo update.

Do we need to register for warranty with Samsung or it happens automatically ?

Check out Google AR with the 8 plus. Some very cool stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Still using the S5. Thinking of going ahead with the S8+

Would it be worth my while hanging on for a price drop?

And for the people that have it - is it enormous?

Luap wrote: »
    Still using the S5. Thinking of going ahead with the S8+

Would it be worth my while hanging on for a price drop?

I have mine in the clear view standing case and it measures in cm, 16 x 7.5 x 1.3. I don't find it too big but I'm coming from the Note 4 .

Luap wrote:

Not at all....since the screen is bezelless its same as any 5.5 inch device...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any more info on this?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Any more info on this?

You do this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if you permanently brick your device.

This is the one for Eir mobile (No Oreo yet). It's says MET for Meteor but it's the same thing. Do your research and watch YouTube especially if you are adding the CSC file.
    The free download is slow 12kb/s.

This is another source of Samsung firmware but I've always used Sammobile and trust them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You do this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if you permanently brick your device.

This is the one for Eir mobile (No Oreo yet). It's says MET for Meteor but it's the same thing. Do your research and watch YouTube especially if you are adding the CSC file.
    The free download is slow 12kb/s.

This is another source of Samsung firmware but I've always used Sammobile and trust them.

Cheers. Thanks for that.

I'm assuming it won't SIM/Network lock the phone?

Advertisement