Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quigg v Valdez,Garcia v Lipinets + others

Options
  • 10-03-2018 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

BREAKING: Scott Quigg weighs in over featherweight limit ahead of Saturday's fight with Oscar Valdez in California.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s not even funny how far he has come in over weight, especially considering he has been half a pound inside weight for the last 3 build up fights.
    I reckon this fight should be scrapped from the competition as it is not a championship fight any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Rules in California state he isn't allowed to try and lose the weight because he's more than two pounds over. He can't win the world title tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Quigg blaming a fractured foot in the build up for not being able to make weight!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Quigg blaming a fractured foot in the build up for not being able to make weight!

I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seems a decent guy.

The state of his face after the fight :eek:

skysports-scott-quigg-quigg_4252642.jpg?20180311073354

Hard to see where he goes from here. He isn't a world title level fighter even if he had a fake world title in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Decent fight...

Quigg just too slow to get the shots off like Valdez..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Valdez v Quigg a proper levels fight. Quigg as game as ever but was never gonna be enough. I gave him 2 rounds.

Valdez just needed to stop the stupid loading up of punches he's been doing from the opening bell every fight and he was always going to make fairly straightforward work of it. Seems he's learnt he's not gonna get everybody out of there easy. Proved his stamina in doing so too. Didn't think he'd top Quigg for output down the stretch but he did. Class performance.

I want a box off between Valdez, Santa Cruz and Frampton. Every fight would be belter.

Russell Junior at 3 seems wrong in the rankings...I'd have him 1

Selby needs to actually fight someone...

Good division, but could be better if they make the fights.

Valdez-Frampton the pick of the bunch...

walshb wrote: »
    Russell Junior at 3 seems wrong in the rankings...I'd have him 1

Selby needs to actually fight someone...

Good division, but could be better if they make the fights.

Valdez-Frampton the pick of the bunch...

Russell needs to actually become an active fighter. I'm giving up on him if this Diaz jr fight doesn't happen.

True. He’s almost a year out...still the best talent in the division for me.

True. He’s almost a year out...still the best talent in the division for me.

Has the potential to be I agree but his prime years are being completely wasted. Clearly doesn't want to fight any of the elite in the division. He's not worth the time of day till he does really. At least Selby is making some waves now with it looking like he'll fight Warrington followed by Frampton all things going well.

• Advertisement

Selby has fought absolutely nobody...busy or not, who cares?

Warrington is for me, another nobody. I don’t care for his ranking..

Selby will be judged by me when he takes an actual test..

I don’t think Russell has refused or pulled out of fighting the top 3...

Selby has fought absolutely nobody...busy or not, who cares?

Warrington is for me, another nobody. I don’t care for his ranking..

Selby will be judged by me when he takes an actual test..

I don’t think Russell has refused or pulled out of fighting the top 3...

Selby is actually going to be in some live fights this year though given he's being lined up for Frampton. That's something..

Warrington is Quigg level I think. Very basic but very game. I'm confident Selby beats him but I'll still be impressed if Selby beats him without a hitch.

Russell hasn't ducked anyone but he's not chasing any meaningful fights either is he? He's a fighter who isn't even halfway interested in boxing and is happy to get by fighting once a year. I've no time for him at all.

Frampton/Selby I’d pay for. Would pick an in form Frampton 9/10 times. Frampton just has the right combination of everything to be too much for Selby..

But, I think Frampton is past his best days...April 21 will tell us more.

Frampton/Selby I’d pay for. Would pick an in form Frampton 9/10 times. Frampton just has the right combination of everything to be too much for Selby..

But, I think Frampton is past his best days...April 21 will tell us more.

Yeah Frampton needs to be improved against Donaire alright. The jury is out on Jamie Moore as a trainer for me. Plenty to prove.

I'm not as confident in an in-form Frampton beating Selby myself. I don't think Frampton likes facing pure boxers that have range. Selby can do what Santa Cruz did in the rematch pretty effectively himself. I think I'd slightly edge towards Frampton but without much confidence.

Think Selby might be a bit dead at the weight though so I think the Warrington fight will answer a few questions too. See how he deals with 12 rounds with a pressure fighter..

pac_man wrote: »
    Russel Jr is so frustrating. In my eyes, his best performance was in his defeat to Lomachenko. A really high level fight but that's nearly 4 years ago now. He hasn't really done alot since. Based on potential, he could be number one in that division but he needs to actually fight someone.

Even if he fights and beats JoJo Diaz he's more than likely going into hiding for another year. He clearly doesn't love the sport. I couldn't be arsed with him.

Advertisement