Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reach adjust on Shimano R8020 shifters

Options
  • 10-03-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks. I'm looking for a reach adjustment screw on my Shimano R8020 hydraulic shifters, but I can't find one. Any help would be welcome. I'm presuming there is one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Job done. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Muckers wrote: »
    Job done. Thanks for that

Was the lever coming in further than you wanted ? I've one doing the same and wouldn't mind fixing - was it easy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

No it was out too far, making it difficult to reach the brakes when on the droPS. There's a 2mm Allen bolt at the back of the lever by the shift paddle. Reach adjustment is simply via the bolt

Muckers wrote: »
    No it was out too far, making it difficult to reach the brakes when on the droPS. There's a 2mm Allen bolt at the back of the lever by the shift paddle. Reach adjustment is simply via the bolt

Mine is at the right location but pulls in too much pulled.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,775 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's a simple enough job to adjust at the brakes, rather than the levers.

So adjustment with the brake pads?

So adjustment with the brake pads or a bleed of the brakes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

jamesd wrote: »
    Mine is at the right location but pulls in too much pulled.

Look at the doc referenced above, and try adjusting the Free Stroke, rather than the Reach - you might not need to bleed the brakes.

Type 17 wrote: »
    Look at the doc referenced above, and try adjusting the Free Stroke, rather than the Reach - you might not need to bleed the brakes.

Perfect will give that a go, it pulls in a little too much but it does brake perfect and locks up the back wheel when fully pulled in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,775 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

jamesd wrote: »
    So adjustment with the brake pads or a bleed of the brakes ?
    ah - my mistake - i didn't spot that you were talking about hydraulic ones.

Advertisement