Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cruise control

Options
  • 10-03-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone who retro fits cruise control. Looking to get installed on Toyota Prius?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Location?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s really easy on a Prius. Usually you just need to buy the stalk, tiny bit of trim for the steering wheel and a new brake light switch.

What year is yours and is it European or JDM spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s really easy on a Prius. Usually you just need to buy the stalk, tiny bit of trim for the steering wheel and a new brake light switch.

What year is yours and is it European or JDM spec?

Its a JDM

biko wrote: »
    Location?

Dublin 15

Its a JDM

Do a bit of looking on the likes of priuschat I’m sure they’ll tell you where to source all the bits needed. Then DIY it or give it to anyone half handy to do. Much nearer than an aftermarket system like Spal which would cost you more and would be more complicated.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Location?

Hi Biko, do you do this yourself? I am in the motor trade and get numerous requests for CC. I am based in North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't do it no, but now that we have location we can make recommendations in a relevant area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Miss the old cruise control on my Mondeo. Is it possible to do it on a 2001 Yaris economically?

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Miss the old cruise control on my Mondeo. Is it possible to do it on a 2001 Yaris economically?

No, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No, unfortunately.

I wouldn't have thought a brick was that expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op did you get sorted in the end. I know an auto electrician works out of van so mobile.
    He lives in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kint

Op did you get sorted in the end. I know an auto electrician works out of van so mobile.
    He lives in Dundrum.

Do you have any contact number for that electrician? Need to get a quote for cc on a galaxy. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭farhankn

Advertisement