Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone settings for Asus dsl N66u router

Options
  • 10-03-2018 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi can anyone give me Vodafone broadband settings for an Asus N66u router modem..thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

You should be able to find the settings in your Vodafone router.

It depends a bit, if you're on ADSL1, ADSL2, VDSL or SIRO.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DamoMc72

Ok thanks I got the Vodafone settings but on the Asus config page I'm not sure if I should select vdsl or adsl?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What package are you on?

Unlimited fibre broadband..but I just read somewhere that Vodafone don't give out vdsl settings for 3rd party modem routers..

DamoMc72 wrote: »
    Unlimited fibre broadband..but I just read somewhere that Vodafone don't give out vdsl settings for 3rd party modem routers..

have you tried ringing them?

/M

• Advertisement

No reading some of the posts here and elsewhere it seems to be the case that even if ring they don't give out the vdsl settings

No reading some of the posts here and elsewhere it seems to be the case that even if ring they don't give out the vdsl settings

If it's VDSL, it's dead simple.

PPPoE Username, Password and configure VLAN 10.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    If it's VDSL, it's dead simple.

PPPoE Username, Password and configure VLAN 10.

/M

Great will give that a go later..thanks!

Ok Marlow these are the settings I've put in for Vdsl but still won't connect..any ideas?

Ok Marlow these are the settings I've put in for Vdsl but still won't connect..any ideas?

vodafone@vodafone.ie ? Are you sure about that ? Is that what they've given you as username and password ?

VDSL (and SIRO FTTH) on Vodafone don't use generic username/password. That was only the case with earlier generation.

On SIRO FTTH with Vodafone, I had to use the serialno of the router I was supplied with as username and the password was the same password as my ONT.

So, you still need to check your vodafone router and see, what username they've used there. And then see, if you can get hold of the password.

They have no problems handing that stuff out for customers on their FTTH platform. You just tell them, that you had to reset their router and now you need the details.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

For VDSL :
    Username is [vodafone modem serial number]@vfiefttc.ie
    Password : broadband

Ok I'll have a look at that so,thanks Marlow

Cool I'll give that a lash so thanks..just to be clear I'm connecting the phone cable directly from dsl outlet on wall socket to the dsl input on the Asus router modem..

Cool I'll give that a lash so thanks..just to be clear I'm connecting the phone cable directly from dsl outlet on wall socket to the dsl input on the Asus router modem..

Correct. But you still need the serial number of the original router, because that's what they use as username.

/M

Thanks for the advice guys will let you know how it's goes when I get home

Is it synchronising?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Wasn't there something silly to be done with the Asus ( ED E probably knows )
    I'm kinda remembering a thread where you had to create an IPTV profile with VLAN 10 and Prio 0 for it to work
    Worth checking ( and also multiple reboots were required )

Not sure..it's set to auto sync up so I would assume so..

Yeah I'm looking through threads and posts here for a solution at the minute..

Ok about to give up on this one..put in the same settings as on the Vodafone router but no luck..only reason I'm trying to use the Asus one is because it's faster but just not happening so if anyone is looking for a router modem you know where to come..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Have you set up the Vodafone router in bridge mode?

I’ve successfully bridged the Vodafone/Heuwei HG659 to a Netgear Orbi.

No can you supply a screen shot of the settings for this or list the instructions thanks

ED E wrote: »
    Is it synchronising?
    Not sure..it's set to auto sync up so I would assume so..

assumption.jpg

Start by confirming positive sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

The hg(numbers) thing Vodafone gave me has been driving me nuts the last 3 days.

Americans really seem to love some Uliquidi(probably not the brand name, but close) routers.
    I've seen people suggest archer(tplink?) c7 and c9 on here and a few Asus ones.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    I would want something good to last until the ax or whatever the next generation wireless will be when finalised, or 10jig becomes cheap/commonplace. I'm with Vodafone Siro ATM.

/Hijack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

No can you supply a screen shot of the settings for this or list the instructions thanks

This thread should help you. Revert if it doesn’t. How have you connected your Asus to your Vodafone router? I presume it is the HG658?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057006124/1

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The hg(numbers) thing Vodafone gave me has been driving me nuts the last 3 days.

Americans really seem to love some Uliquidi(probably not the brand name, but close) routers.
    I've seen people suggest archer(tplink?) c7 and c9 on here and a few Asus ones.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    I would want something good to last until the ax or whatever the next generation wireless will be when finalised, or 10jig becomes cheap/commonplace. I'm with Vodafone Siro ATM.

/Hijack

TP-Link are ok, but the 802.1q settings are messy. And yes, you need at least an Archer C7 or C9 to get thta feature. Asus also seems ok.

Fritz!Box 4040 or 7560 are probably some of the best residential router, you'd find on the market.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Marlow wrote: »
    TP-Link are ok, but the 802.1q settings are messy. And yes, you need at least an Archer C7 or C9 to get thta feature. Asus also seems ok.

Fritz!Box 4040 or 7560 are probably some of the best residential router, you'd find on the market.

/M

Do you have an opinion on the Asus RT-AC3200 ?

I like the crazy feature set on the Fritz but the performance looks to be lower than I'd want for that price range.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Do you have an opinion on the Asus RT-AC3200 ?

That looks like a very painful torture instrument :) ... Haven't had my hands on one yet, but could be good fun to try.

As for the performance of the Fritz!Box routers, there's nothing wrong with them to be honest. They do exactly what they promise. Just for the 1000 Mbit/s connections, I'd opt for at least a 7560, 7490 or 7590. The 4040 may be a tad .. undermotorised.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stesher

Hi Marlow,

What is the ONT (Optical Network Terminal??) and how do you find the password?

Thanks

• Advertisement

stesher wrote: »
    Hi Marlow,

What is the ONT (Optical Network Terminal??) and how do you find the password?

You could have got that from the installer on the day. I've since found out, it doesn't matter. Any username or password should do. Vodafone authenticate on the CSID (the FTTH line identification).

/M

Advertisement