Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derren Brown The Push on Netflix

Options
  • 10-03-2018 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this? Did you think it was real or fake?
    I find it hard to believe that he singled out four people and out of them only one wouldn't help hide a dead body, kick a dead body and then commit murder. And I find it hard to believe he predicted this would happen based on these people standing and sitting at the sound of a bell. It's one thing being led to stand or sit on command but it's a stretch to say you know these same people are so gullible as to be manipulated to commit murder. Either the whole thing was a fake or there were a lot more than four people selected. I strongly suspect the former.

Another thing I find weird is the fact that these people didn't try to stop the programme being broadcast. If I had committed murder I wouldn't want anyone I knew knowing about it. Wouldn't they have to sign a form giving consent for it to be broadcast?

And did anyone notice a weird green light at two different points in the programme? I suspect that was put there so the viewer would think they were noticing something they weren't supposed to notice and come up with some kind of a conspiracy.

EDIT: I said only one of the people wouldn't help hide a dead body, kick a dead body and commit murder. Actually all four were willing to help hide a dead body.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’ve said this before in another thread... The greatest trick Derren Brown pulls off is getting his viewers to take his ‘no stooges’ spiel at face value.

I liked him when he first started appearing on TV but as the tricks got bigger they became more obviously staged.

The zombie apocalypse thing he did a good few years back was the last thing I watched. Funny how this guy managed to not use any bad language while holed up and hunted down by zombies. Could it be anything to do with the watershed? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Haven't seen it since it aired on Channel 4 in 2016 but the main guy seemed genuine, his reactions throughout all looked spot on (his face going read, you can genuinely see the fear and panic in his face), and his actions were realistic

The other 3 that actually pushed were definitely fake/manipulated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Alicano

Interesting enough. I liked some of the 'influence' psychology explained during it. But yep. Felt it was very fake. Especially the closer it got towards the end.

Advertisement