Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Areas near Cork Airport

Options
  • 09-03-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am moving to Cork city from Dublin next month , can anyone please advise me safe areas nearby but not too outside the city. I will be working in airport business park, what public transports are available from to city, I was advised that buying a car is a must as there is limited public transport available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not being smart but maybe try the Cork city forum if you're looking for local knowledge,you might get more answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭viper5

manu2784 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am moving to Cork city from Dublin next month , can anyone please advise me safe areas nearby but not too outside the city. I will be working in airport business park, what public transports are available from to city, I was advised that buying a car is a must as there is limited public transport available.

The issue is not the distance but the traffic youll have to get through in morning. Douglas, Frankfield, Blackrock ,Rochestown are all handy to the main roads to Airport but the traffic in the morning and after work can be tricky. Frankfield will a high density residential area with plenty of rental that would be very handy to airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

What's your budget? Do you want to live city centre or in the suburbs?

I work in the business park and there is a bus service from the city centre that will bring you right in there.

If you want the suburbs, then Douglas, Turner's Cross, Ballyphehane, Ballintemple, Ballintemple would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

There is a bus service to the business park. It goes from the train station - city centre - evergreen road - airport business park, airport - and then out to Kinsale. If you are relying on the bus (and only want to take 1 bus) your best bet would be the city centre or turners cross area.

If you have a car you've a lot more choice. There are lots of new houses in Lehenaghmore which are often up for rent/sale. This is just down the road from the airport but not walkable as you really have to go on a main road. Douglas, Carrigaline, Blackrock, Rochestown would all be handy areas with a car...but traffic can be mental!

Advertisement