Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance 3D modelling available

Options
  • 09-03-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering does anybody know where to go to find work in 3D modelling and design for houses, extensions, interior design and all areas of residential design.
    Not sure where this should be posted so said I'd ask here. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

DK3D wrote: »
    Just wondering does anybody know where to go to find work in 3D modelling and design for houses, extensions, interior design and all areas of residential design.
    Not sure where this should be posted so said I'd ask here. Thanks.

Do you have to stick with residential, there would be a significantly larger demand for 3d work in the commercial sector, what software are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DK3D

JimmyMW wrote: »
    Do you have to stick with residential, there would be a significantly larger demand for 3d work in the commercial sector, what software are you using?

Doesn't necessarily have to be residential, nixer work is mainly what I'm looking for to be honest.
    Revit is the software that I'm using, find it excellent for both structural and visual representation.
    Thanks.

Doesn't necessarily have to be residential, nixer work is mainly what I'm looking for to be honest.
    Revit is the software that I'm using, find it excellent for both structural and visual representation.
    Thanks.

It will be difficult to get revit work on that basis in a commercial scene, as most Revit work commercially is a complex working model which is constantky being updated as the project progresses. You would be better off offering 3d visualizations as this is something which could easily be contracted out to a third party. Domestically most 3d will be done with sketch up for visual purposes only, its rarely that people will pay for that level of design/3d work for houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DK3D

JimmyMW wrote: »
    It will be difficult to get revit work on that basis in a commercial scene, as most Revit work commercially is a complex working model which is constantky being updated as the project progresses. You would be better off offering 3d visualizations as this is something which could easily be contracted out to a third party. Domestically most 3d will be done with sketch up for visual purposes only, its rarely that people will pay for that level of design/3d work for houses.

I was thinking that, I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who is looking for a renovation/extension or someone who is building and they want something that they can show to an architect/engineer that won't cost as much as hiring an architect to do it for them, something that they can see so they'll know what their project could look like before the begin, if you know what I mean?

I was thinking that, I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who is looking for a renovation/extension or someone who is building and they want something that they can show to an architect/engineer that won't cost as much as hiring an architect to do it for them, something that they can see so they'll know what their project could look like before the begin, if you know what I mean?

Yeah I am not sure how mush work you would get out of that, I would suggest putting together a number of samples to show people, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's going to be a hard sell.

The majority of the people embarking on a project would begrudge paying an architect in the first place, never mind paying someone in addition to an architect.

Have you thought about a small ad in one of the self-build publications?

Advertisement