Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 09/03/18

Options
  • 09-03-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Good meeting at Leopardstown today.

Jezki 10/11 in the first should win.
    Love Jezki. Great ol warrior. But for injuries he could have been in the CH this year with a real chance of a place. A weak-ish stayers hurdle also could have been an option but Lady Harrington seems to be winding ol Jezki down from grade 1 action these days.
    Legend of a horse, in my eyes anyways.

Can't have pallasator later in the day after last time out. Jettez also running (a full brother of Jezki i am told?) but another I cant have after a shocking run earlier in season.

Decent stuff at sandwon today too.

Todays bet for whats it's worth

Ltown - 1.25 Jezki 10/11
    Sdown - 2.00 Brainstorm 1/2
    Ltown - 2.25 Crossedmymind 9/4 (was 11/4)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Crossed My Mind is a NR.

The Leopardstown card is actually a cracker for the Friday before Cheltenham. Its a rescheduled fixture right?

Thought Blast of Koeman was interesting in the H/C chase in what is definitely a weaker contest than he was in last time. Tully East backers will be interested in how he goes.

Couldnt really find a bet though. Charlie Stout was interesting i thought at a double figure price but has trimmed in a bit now with crossed my mind out. Has been largely out of form for the last few runs but has some good form earlier in the season. Not far behind Crossed My Mind in Down Royal and this is a lot easier than the contests he has been running in. Will probably throw a bit of cash his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Got Crosshue boy @ 25s in the 2.55. Still value in this at 20s I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Im told the Potts horse will win the bumper at leop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Geraghty did everything he could to lose that race. A terrible ride. His positioning at the last bend was awful, then narly tips his up on the last
    Great stuff from Jezki to pull that one out. No thanks to the jockey

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Geraghty did everything he could to lose that race. A terrible ride. His positioning at the last bend was awful, then narly tips his up on the last
    Great stuff from Jezki to pull that one out. No thanks to the jockey
    Ahh luck it's Richard dunwoody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 moneymore

Delighted to see cooper with a winner today, hopefully he gets some good rides next week

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

moneymore wrote: »
    Delighted to see cooper with a winner today, hopefully he gets some good rides next week

Was just thinking about that a few days ago that I hope he gets a couple of good ones.
    Don't care what people say he's a good jockey and a good Cheltenham jockey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

moneymore wrote: »

Yeah, same. Gordon Elliott and Gigginstown would do well to remember which jockey won them a Gold Cup and show a bit of loyalty. Letting the young fella's career go to sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Earendil wrote: »
    Got Crosshue boy @ 25s in the 2.55. Still value in this at 20s I think.

Seems to have won, not bad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Seems to have won, not bad going.

It's a bollox when you use up all your Cheltenham luck the Friday before it starts isnt it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

akelly02 wrote: »

It looks like Mr Byrne's disagrees. Will be interesting to see if the money keeps coming like the ones in the last few weeks.
    Already halfed in price

*False alarm it looks like. Money is drying up a bit. Just people or books speculating id imagine.
    ** You might be right afterall money coming late for that horse after being friendless all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sizing Pottsie - the hint was probably in the name! No way it was getting beat. Shame I didn't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Seamie Heffernan up to his old tricks again at dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Seamie Heffernan up to his old tricks again at dundalk.

What he do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What he do ?

His stablemate Mendellsohn was the odds on shot he was on the second string, he loomed up to go by the fav but barely pushed him out and didnt use the whip meanwhile Moore was all out. Gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Sizing Pottsie - the hint was probably in the name! No way it was getting beat. Shame I didn't follow.

FB, a bit off track but I see a horse you mentioned before Christmas Three Swallowsncik is out tomorrow 1.55 Gowran... currently 2/1

Advertisement