Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Music on Echo - available in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-03-2018 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Looking for help!

Recently read that from january 18 you could Amazon Music Unlimited for one Echo device in Ireland for 3.99 per month.

I bought an Echo plus this week and since have been on to several Amazon Music helpdesk people as the conman of "try Amazon Music unlimited" to the Echo isn't working for me.

Latest i have received from their technical support team is that this offer is only available in Northern Ireland not the republic. I find this hard to believe given the euro prices quoted in the press in January.

Does anyone have it (without going backdoor routes through UK addresses or credit cards etc.)?

Any help appreciated - have spent in excess of six hours with Amazon this week on calls and am getting nowhere.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

in same boat, have new Echo and was hoping to subscribe to the €3.99 echo plan but theres no way of getting it, with all the press hype about this great deal , more like fake news, hopefully Amazon get act together on this

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Sorbet

Thanks MojoRising. Have you had it confirmed that it's not available in ROI? I havent yet.
    It's the hope that kills you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

It works in ROI :D:D , just set mine up free for 30days & €3.99 p/m after it. One of my accounts it wouldn't set up on as it's stuck on the benefits of a 30 day trial where it thinks it's UK

So I logged into my other Amazon account, it was showing the video prime in euro to the very top right of the screen so knew it would work but to double check the region:
    Manage Your Content and Devices - Settings - Country Settings

So set up the Echo as region Rep Of Ireland on the account with the IE settings & asked it "Try Amazon Music Unlimited" and ran through trial, charges etc. asked me did I want to join & connected.

No issues so far can ask it for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Sorbet

Thanks so much - great to hear that it can work - I'll keep trying.
    I bought an Echo and was told to return it as I need to buy the International version but when I look that up it says it doesn't ship to Ireland?? Can I ask where you bought yours and if on Amazon directly and was it .co.uk or .com and what it was called exactly? i.e. "Echo Plus - With built in smart home hub...." or "Echo Plus - With built in smart home hub....- International Version, UK Power adaptor"
    I've looked at the settings and the .co.uk account is set up for Ireland and prices for Prime in euro thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

Sorbet wrote: »
    Thanks so much - great to hear that it can work - I'll keep trying.
    I bought an Echo and was told to return it as I need to buy the International version but when I look that up it says it doesn't ship to Ireland?? Can I ask where you bought yours and if on Amazon directly and was it .co.uk or .com and what it was called exactly? i.e. "Echo Plus - With built in smart home hub...." or "Echo Plus - With built in smart

I bought a refurb Echo Plus from Amazon.co.uk sold by them & shipped to Parcel Motel they are £69.99 and it came in original packaging, hard to know if it’s a refurb or brand new. 3pin plug so no messing around.

TBH I never heard of an international version of them on Amazon.co.uk. Did you try deregistering the Echo & removing it from your account & set it back up under Rep of Ireland to see will it reconnect into your account properly

• Advertisement
Advertisement