Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Teaching UK

Options
  • 09-03-2018 1:17am

Hi guys, currently a Commerce undergrad and thinking of going into business teaching. The length of the PME course in Ireland has been putting me well off it and the lack of job opportunities once you actually qualify. I have been looking into some PGDE courses especially in Scotland and some PGCE courses in England. Scotland really appeals to me. Has anyone done a business education PGDE course in Scotland? Or does anyone know what job opportunities there is for business teaching in Scotland? Would love to hear from people with relevant information/stories. Really unsure about it all so if people have info then it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Job opportunities for Business are better in the UK than Ireland, but not really in demand at all. You'd get a job if you considered London though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

TBH if I was your age, I'd learn a trade - carpenter/plumber - and make some proper money and not deal with management all day taking 3 teams on a 6 hour contract for 4 years. But if it's your goal, so be it.

Thanks for the replies! From what I've heard people are securing full time jobs in the UK! Has anyone any past experiences teaching in the UK

Advertisement