Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOC-STN, then STN-NUE, is a 50min connection too tight?

Options
  • 09-03-2018 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭

NOC-STN

July, 5:10-6:40pm

Say Mon 2-July.

Then STN-NUE Nurnberg, depart 19:30

I don't know STN well, other than assuming that it's big.

I'm guessing a 50 min connection is too tight?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭VG31

That's insanity on a connection with separate tickets. You'd want at the absolute minimum three hours to allow for delays and having to reclear security. If you miss the second flight you will not be compensated or rebooked without charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No chance

You have to go through security again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Grand, I thought so, okay.

Want to leave Ireland after 12 noon, but get to Nurnberg by, say 10pm.

There are EI and FR flights in the afternoon from DUB-MUC, arriving at 19:45.

Then need time to exit plane and airport, get S-bahn to city centre, that takes 40-45 mins.

There are ICE trains from Munich Hbf at 20:21, 20:52 and 20:54.

It looks impossibly tight to get these.

There are later regional trains, but I don't want to arrive at midnight.

I'll keep thinking.................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I think youre in a pickle to be fair.
    There is a flight at 3 to Memmingen, but the direct bus from there to Nuremberg would only have you in for midnight
    The aer lingus flight has no really good connections at that time of the evening.

The Ryanair landing in just before 9pm could be a runner, as then you could get a bus to Nürnberg with Flixbus at 10pm (and again only in Nürnberg at midnight), so timing not perfect but it would be cheap and theres no messing with connections (or get the aer lingus and spend the guts of 2 hours in the Airbrau microbrewery beergarden before getting the bus!)

The only other option is to get a connecting flight with Lufthansa to Nürnberg, which is "only" 250 Euro, and theres a flight leaving Dublin at 3pm getting to Nürnberg well before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭VG31

There's a Lufthansa flight from Dublin to Munich at 10.30am if that's any use to you.

Or you could fly from Dublin to Nuremberg with Lufthansa via Frankfurt at 5.55pm, arriving Nuremberg at 10.35pm. That costs about €200-215. There's also a flight from DUB at 12.10pm but that is usually the most expensive flight.

You could also get the ICE train from Frankfurt which takes about 2 hrs 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Google Flights is throwing up a Eurowings flight leaving DUB at 1205 and getting you to Nuremberg by 1720, transfer in Dusseldorf. I just did 1 way, it's expensive at €130, no idea what a return would be.

Ye are very helpful, thanks.

I had thought of DUB-STN, and then STN-NUE, but with more time for the transfer in STN.

We are based in the west/northwest.

I would prefer NOC-STN or SNN-STN, or even Derry-STN, all these would allow us to avoid DUB.

I had seen the LH flights at 5:55pm, DUB-FRA-NUE.

Thanks for the Eurowings information.

The EI flight into FRA arrives at 8:05pm, there is a train at 8:36pm, too tight.

Next train gets in at 00:44.

Hmm, looks like two FR flights.............

Leave DUB at 3:30pm, arrive STN at 4:50pm.

That leaves enough time for the 7:30pm dep to NUE.

Advertisement