Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double levy

Options
  • 08-03-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭

A quick query before I ring them and start ringing around
    Both my self and my wife have public sector car insurance policies through corn market
    Her quote just came through and is slightly more than last year (50 euro broker fee but helping). I will be calling tomorrow to begin negotiations!
    But firstly I hope something could be cleared up
    The premium from allianz is show and had the 5% govt levy priced and included.
    Then Cornmarket add their brokerage fee AND the govt levy again ??????
    Do I pay the levy to allianz AND to cornmarket ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

No, levy only applies once (to the policy, not the broker). Give them a quick call, its likely a misprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Apparently it’s breakdown assist under a different name .........not entirely happy with the explanation I received but am moving the wife’s policy anyway and more than likely will end up moving mine next month then too

Apparently it’s breakdown assist under a different name .........not entirely happy with the explanation I received but am moving the wife’s policy anyway and more than likely will end up moving mine next month then too

Advertisement