Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a petition for google to support the google home device in Ireland

Options
  • 08-03-2018 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi,

From the google home FAQ we got to discussing organising a petition to see if we can get numbers up for a change.org petition.

I am happy to start one, but maybe we can get a few pointers or wording for the petition ?

Edit

The reason is not around purchasing, thats easily circumvented, the aim would be to get official product launch in Ireland, so that feature releases can be introduced here also. The main one for example is making phone calls via google home, a feature just released in the UK, but will never be released in Ireland unless the product itself is released and suppprtd for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I've got one here. Order through parcel motel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi,

From the google home FAQ we got to discussing organising a petition to see if we can get numbers up for a change.org petition.

I am happy to start one, but maybe we can get a few pointers or wording for the petition ?
    First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

ted1 wrote: »
    First world problems.

Your in the iot forum, everything in here is a first world problem ffs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

bren2002 wrote: »
    I've got one here. Order through parcel motel etc.

I have five of them, don't need anymore. The issue is a bit more tricky than buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

For what it would be worth, I'd sign the petition. I've got three of them and would really like to see better integration and availability to certain functions over here. I recently got an email saying that I was eligible to download an ebook for free only to attempt to redeem the voucher and ultimately be told I cannot because its not available in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

Yeah I'd sign it, just got one and would love to see more features added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

When has an internet petition ever worked?

Advertisement