Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson to provide free public transport on St. Patricks Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Bass did it for the nitelink many years ago.

Obviously for Christmas not at Patrick's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thank Christ it's not Dublin. Paddy's day here is bad enough with marauding hoards of drunken louts without giving them free bus rides to terrorise passengers they way they do on the Luas red line.

I'm glad to pay for the bus and may it stay that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Looks as though Jameson's sponsorship covers only 3 of the 11 tramlines in Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Squatter wrote: »
    Looks as though Jameson's sponsorship covers only 3 of the 11 tramlines in Toronto.
    True, but 504-514 carry about 80K passengers a day and 501 Queen is also a heavily loaded line so it's a decently big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

thomasj wrote: »

One of the big distiller distribution companies sponsors New Years Eve free transport for the city and the regional trains - much bigger drinking evening that Christmas Eve here.
    https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/this-new-years-eve-dont-drink-and-drive---your-safe-ride-is-on-us-661812533.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

coylemj wrote: »
    Thank Christ it's not Dublin. Paddy's day here is bad enough with marauding hoards of drunken louts without giving them free bus rides to terrorise passengers they way they do on the Luas red line.

You haven't been in Dublin in recent years, guards have really cleaned the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

Fairly sure that was just a shuttle from areas around town to the nitelink termini around the college st/Westmoreland st/dolier st triangle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Ah St.Patricks Day when the rest of the world gets to experience what an average Friday/Saturday night is like here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I think you'll find the Red Line is the purview of knackers with Dutch Gold and other Lidl-lite beverages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Ah St.Patricks Day when the rest of the world gets to experience what an average Friday/Saturday night is like here in Ireland Dublin.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ah stop, sure if they tried to do that here, there'd be uproar. Hand wringers and nanny staters would be aghast at a drinks company's attempts to coerce our youth into alcoholism.

john boye wrote: »

Fairly sure that was just a shuttle from areas around town to the nitelink termini around the college st/Westmoreland st/dolier st triangle
    http://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/1207/925683-bus-it-with-bass/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

Oh. The one I was thinking of was Christmas 99 I'm sure. And I think it was coors light. 1992 is a bit before my time!

john boye wrote:
    Oh. The one I was thinking of was Christmas 99 I'm sure. And I think it was coors light. 1992 is a bit before my time!

You're really making me feel old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

You haven't been in Dublin in recent years, guards have really cleaned the place up.

I thought it was the private security on the Luas that had more to do with cleaning up the Luas Red Line.

Advertisement