Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling keeps muscles and immune system young!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Good news. Hopefully a few more years of cycling left in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Maybe someone should tell the two colds I've got this year that have lasted the best part of 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

The study essentially proves that exercise is good for you which we all knew anyway. There's no data to show that cycling was any better than any other form of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not very good for bone density either apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

This thread should be closed before someone suggests that triathlon is the ideal form of exercise.

The low impact cardio benefit of cycling. The bone-density benefits of the high impact of running. The many benefits of "weightless"" exercise in water.

..there, I've written it now, cue the self-loathing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

doozerie wrote: »
    This thread should be closed before someone suggests that triathlon is the ideal form of exercise.

The low impact cardio benefit of cycling. The bone-density benefits of the high impact of running. The many benefits of "weightless"" exercise in water.

..there, I've written it now, cue the self-loathing.
    Is self flagellation good for bone density? If so, you know what to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's probably balanced out by the cake stop

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's probably balanced out by the cake stop

I balance it out by drinking

...and the cake stop

Advertisement