Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do most of the jobs for the next school year usually start being advertised?

Options
  • 08-03-2018 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Just a quick question. When do most of the jobs for the next school year usually start being advertised? There seems to be very little advertised so far. Do they start going up after Easter?

Also, what website do people mainly use? I usually use educationposts.ie

EDIT: I'm Post-Primary by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

June and August usually

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

In primary, once the panels clear, jobs will start to be advertised. It used to be that July/August were the most common months, but in primary, jobs are less frequently offered over the summer now as principals, BOM members and applicants may not be available for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Should have mentioned that I'm Post-Primary. I presume that it's probably similar though, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

April. But a lot of these are year 2 re advertisements.

A lot of ETBs just advertise for all subjects in all schools and then interview as necessary as jobs arise - usually advertise in April then interview in June and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

ETB jobs have the LMETB jobs advertised for the new school year. Can see quite a few career breaks been taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

DDLETB also advertising for next year now on etbvacancies.

Advertisement