Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of career.. fetac level 5 for playschool teaching

Options
  • 08-03-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I work full time in IT and have small kids and I would like to work part time and spend more time with my kids. Unfortunately this is not possible in my line of work.So I'm thinking I would love to do teaching. I don't have the Irish for primary so playschool teaching is my next port of call. I'm looking into doing online course whilst still working. Do you think this is manageable with small kids?
    Also does the fetac level 5 childcare course allow you to teach in playschool or Montessori?
    Also wondering if there are playschool teaching jobs only..or are most jobs in this area full time in crèche environment where it's not just mornings or you are required for after school as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Have you thought about becoming a SNA in a school either?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

kob29 wrote: »
    Have you thought about becoming a SNA in a school either?

I did yes but I was told it could be harder to get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There’s no such thing as fetac any more. It’s a QQI level 5 your looking at. A level 5 is an introductory course. It’s a leaving cert equivalent. It’ll provide an introductory qualification to work in the field, but it’s not a teaching qualification.

Advertisement