Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoei Neotec 2

Options
  • 08-03-2018 10:42am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently wearing a Shark s900, and it's grand for around town but very loud at motorway speeds - even with earplugs it's annoying me. Wind buffeting at speed an issue too. But it's a cheap lid and has served it's purpose.

Looking at the Shoei Neotec 2 - anything else in that price range I should definitely be considering over it?

Anyone tried out the new Neotec?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

We recently needed two new helmets. I had a shark evoline and wife had an old Schuberth concept (forerunner of C3)
    After trying a lot of flipups, I settled on a Schuberth C3 Pro (350€ from Louis.de - inc. 50€ off code). Wife tried in the C3 Pro but her headshape wasn’t right. She got a Neotec from fc-Moto. We looked at the neotec 2 but she didn’t like the extra cost, or different shape.
    All three helmets are top of the range, choose which one fits your head shape. Prices are better online, from fc-Moto , Louis.de etc. there are always coupons available - e.g Louis will have 50€ off br spending over 250€.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The quietest helmets I've found are indeed Schuberth, although currently prefer the Shark EvoOne - you can't ride with the Schuberth open.

The Neotec was on my list, but I found it very uncomfortable, so even if was free I couldn't have used it. Still think it v. pricey though, and like the Schuberth, you can't wear it open either.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...and like the Schuberth, you can't wear it open either.

Aye, that's changed with the Neotec 2 thankfully

The Shark is s great helmet I have the evoline . I rode with it open 99.9 % of the time however, at almost 2kg it was damn heavy. The C3 and neotec come in at 1650g which makes a difference on a day's ride .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

KonFusion wrote: »
    Aye, that's changed with the Neotec 2 thankfully

Good to know, the 1 wasn't. Still prefer the Shark/Roof solution, where the chin bar gets up and out of the way: don't fancy open road riding with a big chinbar vertical: it's a sail.
    The Shark is s great helmet I have the evoline . I rode with it open 99.9 % of the time however, at almost 2kg it was damn heavy. The C3 and neotec come in at 1650g which makes a difference on a day's ride .

Indeed. The EvoOne is a lot lighter, at about 1650g. One thing to note though, when helmet manufacturers quote helmet weights, they usually quote the S or M shell...........if you're an L or XL user, they are always more. I think mine is 1700g. And that's before you add a camera or Scala to it.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

We recently needed two new helmets. I had a shark evoline and wife had an old Schuberth concept (forerunner of C3)
    After trying a lot of flipups, I settled on a Schuberth C3 Pro (350€ from Louis.de - inc. 50€ off code). Wife tried in the C3 Pro but her headshape wasn’t right. She got a Neotec from fc-Moto. We looked at the neotec 2 but she didn’t like the extra cost, or different shape.
    All three helmets are top of the range, choose which one fits your head shape. Prices are better online, from fc-Moto , Louis.de etc. there are always coupons available - e.g Louis will have 50€ off br spending over 250€.

How do you get this €50 off voucher. I have signed up no sign of a voucher.:confused:

UrbanFret wrote: »
    How do you get this €50 off voucher. I have signed up no sign of a voucher.:confused:
    The vouchers pop up regularly on the home screen. FC Moto had a 10% one last week (off everything, including reduced items )
    You just have to wait, if possible. IIRC there was a 50€ off one a few weeks ago.
    Sorry I can't be more specific .
    If you sign up for both Louis.ie and fc-moto you will be notified when they are active

Advertisement