Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to Sandyford

Options
  • 08-03-2018 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have recently started a new job in Sandyford Industrial estate and am living in Naas town. Most days I have a lift with a friend however at least twice a week I need to use public transport. I am finding these days quite difficult with a very long commute. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about the commute/have options for carpooling. I do not drive myself which makes things more difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

CaoimD wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have recently started a new job in Sandyford Industrial estate and am living in Naas town. Most days I have a lift with a friend however at least twice a week I need to use public transport. I am finding these days quite difficult with a very long commute. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about the commute/have options for carpooling. I do not drive myself which makes things more difficult.

Maybe give people a bit more info, start finish time and what you currently use for public transport when you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CaoimD

Thanks salmocab,

I start at 9 and finish at 5pm however this can be flexible, give or take 30 mins. As I have only recently started the job I have not really settled on a public transport route. Initially I used the 126 to Harcourt St and got the Luas out however this is not working out time wise and meant I was late in my first week (not ideal!). I have also tried going into the city centre very early and using a Dublin bus- again this is working out quite messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

If you have a leap card you can get the train from Sallins into Dublin, either Heuston or Connolly, and change to trams there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Have you asked in your job, if there is any shuttle bus out from town that you have access to?
    I worked in S'Ford for years, and am now up in Leopardstown. In both places I know lots of people have gotten shuttle bus out from city centre.
    Because I live locally-ish, and cycle/drive in, I've never actually looked into the details, so was never sure if they were company specific, or for group of companies. I assume you would need to show work ID, or may get a special 'ticket'

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Hi find myself in the same situation soon, just wondering have you figured out a way to get there?

• Advertisement

If you have a leap card you can get the train from Sallins into Dublin, either Heuston or Connolly, and change to trams there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Thanks Lord Glentoran, seems no other way to avoid coming into the town ...

Thanks Lord Glentoran, seems no other way to avoid coming into the town ...

If they ever get around to doing DART underground, the connections would be a lot better. This I feel is the best that can be done, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The 114 bus from Blackrock DART station is an option that means you dont have to change in city centre

so train from Sallins to GCD then change to DART to Blackrock and get 114 to Sandyford

Advertisement