Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publicly funded IVF treatment?

Options
  • 08-03-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

The government promised funding some IVF treatments after the next budget but I'm finding it difficult to get much meaningful information on their plans.
    Would anyone have the answers to the following questions or point me in the right direction:
    What treatments are covered?
    Is there a limit to the amount of attempts that will be publicly funded?
    Will it be possible to recover any IVF expenses from this year?
    Is there any advocacy or lobby groups that are pushing this agenda?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We had a bit of a chat about it here at the time: Read these couple of posts from this post on:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98568126&postcount=1842

At the time there were no details published, and to my knowledge, none since either. I'd be very happy to be corrected on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

You are correct, planning on using Repromed and contacted looking for info on Govt funding as thought details on some of the plans might be in place by now but there seems to be no info yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

I sent the following email to Leo shortly before the budget as I'm in his constituency. Since then I've received a few emails from both his PA and Simon Harris's PA stating that they are having the issue raised and examined within the department.... It feels liked they're fobbing me off and have no intention to provide publicly funded ivf. Perhaps this might change if enough people email them with similar requests.

"Hi Leo,

Thanks for your recent letter welcoming me to the Dublin West constituency.
    It was announced by your government last Autumn that publicly funded fertility treatment will be available but that the roll-out of this scheme will be delayed by one year. In the meantime I've heard little discussion and I'm finding it very difficult to find any meaningful details.

Can you please provide details regarding what treatments will be covered and whether it will be possible to back-date payments."

Advertisement