Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Painted kitchen - paint chipping

Options
  • 07-03-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    We got a new spray painted HDF kitchen a few months ago, the bottom cabinets are navy and the wall cabinets are white. 
    On the navy part, the paint has chipped in several places, you can see white on the chipped parts. The chips aren't big but I worry what its going to be like in a few years.  We are not rough with it so I don't know how this has happened.  I have been told by the kitchen supplier that this is normal for spray painted kitchen in dark colours and that we should consider getting it hand painted! they gave use a little bottle of paint to touch up the chips. I am really annoyed because it was not a cheap kitchen. 
    Has anyone else got a spray painted dark kitchen ? Do you have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

swirley wrote: »
    Hi,
    We got a new spray painted HDF kitchen a few months ago, the bottom cabinets are navy and the wall cabinets are white. 
    On the navy part, the paint has chipped in several places, you can see white on the chipped parts. The chips aren't big but I worry what its going to be like in a few years.  We are not rough with it so I don't know how this has happened.  I have been told by the kitchen supplier that this is normal for spray painted kitchen in dark colours and that we should consider getting it hand painted! they gave use a little bottle of paint to touch up the chips. I am really annoyed because it was not a cheap kitchen. 
    Has anyone else got a spray painted dark kitchen ? Do you have this problem?

That sounds very frustrating, I am wanting a navy kitchen and now I'm concerned about this, ridiculous with the money that's paid,, would you mind pm me the name of the company? There aren't many that do the navy!

Advertisement