Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would it take to get from Clonalkin to Finglas in taxi at 9am?

Options
  • 07-03-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an appt in Cappagh hospital tomorrow at 10am and was wondering what the traffic would be like at about 9.00 to 9.45. I would be leaving my house at about 9am for a 1 hour journey, would this be expected time?

Note: I was in cappagh in January but my appt was for 11am and traffic was good, I got into taxi at about 10:15am and it took about 35mins in taxi through long mile rd to crumlin rd, then left to james' street and around back of Heuston and then on through Cabra and to Finglas.

Would there be a lot more traffic if I got a taxi at 9.15am for 10am appt, or should I go through M50?

Alternatively I could get the red line luas from Red Cow to Jervis and hobble to Parnell, there's a taxi rank outside penny's I was told. I say hobble because it's a back injury so I don't want to walk with my crutch ideally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Should be plenty of time. I wouldn't bother going through town. There is no taxi rank at penneys either mary street. Just go over m50 and should be no more than 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an appt in Cappagh hospital tomorrow at 10am and was wondering what the traffic would be like at about 9.00 to 9.45. I would be leaving my house at about 9am for a 1 hour journey, would this be expected time?

Note: I was in cappagh in January but my appt was for 11am and traffic was good, I got into taxi at about 10:15am and it took about 35mins in taxi through long mile rd to crumlin rd, then left to james' street and around back of Heuston and then on through Cabra and to Finglas.

Would there be a lot more traffic if I got a taxi at 9.15am for 10am appt, or should I go through M50?

Alternatively I could get the red line luas from Red Cow to Jervis and hobble to Parnell, there's a taxi rank outside penny's I was told. I say hobble because it's a back injury so I don't want to walk with my crutch ideally.

M50 would definitely be your best bet unless there's a major incident. About 40 minutes max at that time.
    amtc wrote: »
    Should be plenty of time. I wouldn't bother going through town. There is no taxi rank at penneys either mary street. Just go over m50 and should be no more than 30 minutes.

There is a taxi rank outside Penney's on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A taxi via the M50, N3, Riverside Road/Rathbourne and then onto the Cappagh Road should take 20-30 minutes all going well. If you are close to the Luas, you could get off at Heuston and a taxi from here; this will save you a few € and a few minutes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Thank you all I got a taxi at 9.15 and was at cappagh at 9.47am. 27EUR including toll for m50. We went m50 through Blanch then finglas. Lots of traffic on m50 but it was moving smoothly.

I got the epidural into my spine anyway, hopefully it does something. Thanks again. Driver told me 9.30 traffic does down and after 10am is perfect to drive provided no accidents ahead.
    A taxi via the M50, N3, Riverside Road/Rathbourne and then onto the Cappagh Road should take 20-30 minutes all going well. If you are close to the Luas, you could get off at Heuston and a taxi from here; this will save you a few € and a few minutes as well.
    Is there a taxi rank at Heuston? This would be very useful if there was I didn't see it on the google maps when I told it to show me them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not long, half an hour. I do this commute a lot. Longest part is coming off the slip road at finglas.

M50 is the best way by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Thank you all I got a taxi at 9.15 and was at cappagh at 9.47am. 27EUR including toll for m50. We went m50 through Blanch then finglas. Lots of traffic on m50 but it was moving smoothly.

I got the epidural into my spine anyway, hopefully it does something. Thanks again. Driver told me 9.30 traffic does down and after 10am is perfect to drive provided no accidents ahead.

Is there a taxi rank at Heuston? This would be very useful if there was I didn't see it on the google maps when I told it to show me them all.

Glad you got sorted.

The taxi rank at Heuston is at the St. John's Road exit. It can take quite a while to get a taxi at busy times for train arrivals.

Advertisement