Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6s Touch ID no longer working

Options
  • 07-03-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

My 6S is roughly 2.5 years old and up until recently the touch ID worked perfectly every time but I noticed more and more that I was having to enter the PIN code to unlock the phone.

I deleted all the fingerprints stored and set new ones although it took several efforts for my thumb prints for some reason. Now one of my thumbs is scarred from cuts etc and so I can understand that one not being readable at the moment but I cant get any of the rest of the 4 fingers I have stored to work unless I try several times which is time consuming.

I haven't installed the most recent update, I will install it later tonight.

Are there any known problems with the touch sensor, does it wear or become less effective with time? Any solutions ?

Advertisement