Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Luton Airport to Harry Potter Watford

Options
  • 07-03-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advise on the best way to get from Luton Airport to Harry Potter in Watford. There will be 4 travelling which will include 2 children and an elderly person.

I see that we can get buses from Luton but require 3 changes which is not ideal with the group travelling.

I had considered hiring a car but have never drove in London & would be nervous driving in Dublin.

Is there other routes with less changes but may take longer as we have 3 hours between arrival & booked tour time?

Thanks for all info in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Uber

A quick check tells me it costs £33 - 42

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

As theteal said, take an uber.
    The cost of moving 4 people via public transport with likely cost a good bit anyway. A few more quid and you can just relax.

Arriving a few hours early is a bit of a pain. There is nothing to do at the studio apart from sit in an expensive cafe.

However i was there a few months ago and i dont remember anyone checking the tickets closely for the time slot mentioned. You will probably be able to start your tour early.

You just walk into the building and join the queue. Dont mention to anyone that you are early and they likely wont even notice. They allow batches of about 100 people in at a time. You get a short introduction and a short movie and then you are allowed to roam around as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dizzydoll

Thanks for the response's, will look into prebooking a taxi.

BrokenArrow's, is it very expensive when you get in there? Do you know if there is anywhere near by that you could grab lunch or walk around before we go in? Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Thanks for the response's, will look into prebooking a taxi.

BrokenArrow's, is it very expensive when you get in there? Do you know if there is anywhere near by that you could grab lunch or walk around before we go in? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Here is a cafe menu.
    https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/sites/default/files/pictures/Studio-Cafe-Menu-Jan-18.pdf

There is a hotel/restaurant nearby
    https://restaurants.accorhotels.com/gb/restaurant-B048_R001-courtyard-restaurant-watford.shtml

It seems to have some nice grounds to walk around so you could kill some time there.
    Its very close to the studio but you cant walk there quickly as there is no direct walking path. It should be a cheap taxi to the studio.

Advertisement