Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Scan?

Options
  • 07-03-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering – My wife and I booked an early scan with Evie Clinic – is there a catch?

The reason we booked it is because she is about 11.5 weeks and was expecting an appointment with Coombe soon but she rang them and they said they are behind due to the snow and wouldn’t give her any more detail than that but said that it would be at least 2.5 weeks before she would hear anything.

So wanted to check if everything is good. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

No catch that I'm aware of - I know of a couple of people who've done the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

How much is the scan?
    Not clear what your question is.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Wesser wrote: »
    How much is the scan?
    Not clear what your question is.
    Sorry Scan is Free - Thought it was clear in the title but should have said in the main post.

Just wondering if we rock up and its ok heres your free scan but now your contracted to take x y & z from us @ €1000

No biggie - dead excited about it -  our first experience

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Definitely no x, y or z for €1000 - you may have to sit politely through some sales patter, but it's not intrusive or pushy.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Just an update - went to Evie Clinic in Sandyford yesterday - It was great.
    Everything is going well and normal which is a great relief.
    The sonographer (Shiela) was excellent and made everything comfortable and clear and there was no pushy sales talk at all - I left the place with a feeling of wanting to go back whether I had to pay or not which obviously the feeling they want to give you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I can confirm they weren’t pushy at all and absolutely fabulous ladies working there. I’d love to be able to afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I must be mad paying 100 to ultrasound when we could have gotten this for free..seemed too good to be true when I first heard about it. We paid a deposit when booking ultrasound and have our scan tomorrow so not going to be changing now. Glad it is a good service for those of you who booked it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Best of luck Cash_Q

Advertisement