Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradfri/Echo Plus/Echo Dot

Options
  • 07-03-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A bit new to this home automation thing so sorry if this is an obvious issue.

We have an Echo Dot in the kitchen and an Echo Plus in the sitting room. The lights in the Kitchen (Ikea Tradfri) are set up as Kitchen 1 & Kitchen 2. They are tied together in a key phrase so when you say "Alexa, Good Morning" both come on.

When I speak to the Plus in the kitchen I can turn the lights on and off individually or as a group. But when I used the Dot in the kitchen only the group phrase works. When I ask to turn on/off Kitchen 1 or Kitchen 2 it the dot says it cannot find the devices.

I had assumed the Dot would work through the hub in the Plus, was this wrong?

Advertisement