Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell Mouth

Options
  • 07-03-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a contractor to dig out and build a bell mouth for a forest. North Longford area.

PM's please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭timfromtang

Howdy,
    I've just done this, I'd not recommend using just a bell mouth if you can avoid it unless the forest is right at roadside, even then you'll cut the forest into a muddy mire moving your timber without a road. I WISH I'd been able to wait for the road. I've 400 tons of pulp and 75 of pallet still on the ground that i can't move because of ground conditions.
    regards
    tim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks for the reply Tim.

My forest is right along the road. It's quite small in the scheme of things too.

Can you recommend a contractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭timfromtang

I used a neighbour with a digger, worked out expensive though, 2.5 K for a bell mouth and a bridge over a drain further down in the forest.
    SO sorry I cannot recommend anyone.
    tim

Advertisement