Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Load Bearing Wall

Options
  • 06-03-2018 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

looking for rough costs to remove a load bearing wall between a dining room and kitchen. The wall is about 12 foot wide, 8foot high and 2 foot in dept (farmhouse built of stone)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Impossible to say. You need an engineer. The temporary (propping before installing steel etc) works alone could be significant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

steps_3314 wrote: »
    looking for rough costs to remove a load bearing wall between a dining room and kitchen. The wall is about 12 foot wide, 8foot high and 2 foot in dept (farmhouse built of stone)

I had that done in my house, but not the same dimensions,
    13 Foot Wide x 8 Foot High, but only about 8 inches dept, it cost us €750-€850...Used a steel girder and boxed it in. Hopefully it might give you a guide

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I had that done in my house, but not the same dimensions,
    13 Foot Wide x 8 Foot High, but only about 8 inches dept, it cost us €750-€850...Used a steel girder and boxed it in. Hopefully it might give you a guide

Do you live in a stone wall with two foot thick walls ?

Two foot thick walls say to me

A, the house is old
    B, may have small stone s fines in the middle
    C, will be major surgery to create and opening
    D, will need two sizable beams at least

Advertisement