Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancing spare time

Options
  • 06-03-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone do any freelance web development in there spare time outside of work? Just curious to know how it’s going because I assume there is so many people doing it you would not find clients unless you freelance full time and are putting all efforts into it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

To be honest, it's not worth it unless you're dealing with a business operating in Ireland, UK, US and the rest of the western world who are ok for you to do it on a part time basis. It won't be easy finding this and will probably require a contact or to have worked with them before.

There are loads of companies providing services on the likes of eLance operating our of India, China, Bulgaria etc and their prices are so low it's not worth it.

Avoid doing nixers for friends and family if you can. They won't value your work and the concept of you get what you pay for like a business will

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CookieLover

Thanks for the reply! I don’t have any intention to do it I was just curious!

Advertisement