Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ broadcast of Oscars highlights.

Options
  • 06-03-2018 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭

I'm aware that the BBC used to provide live coverage of the Oscars awards ceremony in the early hours of the morning on this side of the Atlantic.

Now, no UK terrestrial broadcaster has live coverage or even a highlights programme on the Oscars.

So why does RTÉ bother to broadcast an Oscars highlights programme? After all, people will read or hear everything they need to know about the Oscars on news bulletins and on the Internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'm aware that the BBC used to provide live coverage of the Oscars awards ceremony in the early hours of the morning on this side of the Atlantic.

Now, no UK terrestrial broadcaster has live coverage or even a highlights programme on the Oscars.

So why does RTÉ bother to broadcast an Oscars highlights programme? After all, people will read or hear everything they need to know about the Oscars on news bulletins and on the Internet.

Suppose they have an audience

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If I was to take a stab at it; it’s probabaly cheap enough to get, and they audience th y get makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

callaway92 wrote: »
    If I was to take a stab at it; it’s probabaly cheap enough to get, and they audience th y get makes it worthwhile.

- Award show's get an audience and they get the awards cheap from the U.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

People will watch it to hear speeches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Elmo wrote: »
    Suppose they have an audience
    and like was alluded to before, the live showing is on in the early morning so for many the repeat is much handier, similar to the olympics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

113,000 adult viewers watched the highlights show. My issue is that RTÉ sponsor Choice Music Awards and push it to 11pm!

Advertisement