Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2k for new bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The giant probably gives most bang for your buck, but the colnago is pretty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

here's the 2017 model of the colnago - available in most sizes - for significantly cheaper than your budget:
    https://www.merlincycles.com/colnago-a1r-105-aluminium-road-bike-2017-104318.html

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

here's the 2017 model of the colnago - available in most sizes - for significantly cheaper than your budget:
    https://www.merlincycles.com/colnago-a1r-105-aluminium-road-bike-2017-104318.html

That's definitely worth considering at that price with some dosh left over for an upgrade on the wheels. I'm not sure though whether I will regret not getting a carbon frame

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭lissard

I have the Cannondale Synapse 105 carbon and it is a really enjoyable bike to ride. Very comfortable and seems to smooth out the road buzz on some of the crappier surfaces in Co. Wicklow. Did find the BB30A started clicking a bit after some particularly wet weather, but Cycle Superstore re-greased it for me at no cost. Since then, it's running as smooth as can be. Other than that no problems worth talking about. If you intend racing, the CAAD12 might be the better option as the Synapse geometry is primarily a leisure one. Mind you it is used in races such as Paris Roubaix. For me as a non-racer it was a no-brainer.

The Ribble Gran Fondo has a very good write up on road.cc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

Paul's cycles are normally good for end of line bargains from a previous years range.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Aegir wrote: »
    The Ribble Gran Fondo has a very good write up on road.cc

Just had a look at that. Have to say it looks pretty good value for money as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Planet X Ireland always has great value in this price range.

Advertisement