Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wheel set

Options
  • 06-03-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,using Aksiums on my cube sl and looking to get a new wheel set for the better weather.My ideal would be Ksyrium elite but cant see me paying for wheels that would be more than half the value of the actual bike.Any suggestions,willing to pay 300 to 400 and buying new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Those wheels can be got new for €450, just pay the money as they are bombproof imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

dahat wrote: »
    Those wheels can be got new for €450, just pay the money as they are bombproof imo.

Must look online so.Tried a few places and they where retailing for 600 or so.Any place in particular did you see them,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Nice one,used this site many times and was very pleased.Anyone bought any of the pro lite,fulcrum or campagnolo stuff on wiggle?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Zondas are the usual recommendation here, and I have to say I got them last year to replace a set of fulcrum zeros (with terrible hubs and a free wheel that had to be replaced every 500km) and iv found them really fantastic value and I love how the bikes feel riding them. I got mine for 350 on bike discount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zondas are the usual recommendation here, and I have to say I got them last year to replace a set of fulcrum zeros (with terrible hubs and a free wheel that had to be replaced every 500km) and iv found them really fantastic value and I love how the bikes feel riding them. I got mine for 350 on bike discount.

What Zondas in particular are people going for?do like the look of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What Zondas in particular are people going for?do like the look of them.

Just go for the regular Zondas, youve no need for the two way fit wheelset.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

+1 on the Zonda. Great wheel for that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I'd have the Zonda over the Mavic.. had both for many years and the Zonda is a better wheel regardless of price imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭secman

I bought a wheelset in CSS just 2 weeks ago, it came down to Mavic elite v's Zonda's.
    Zonda was cheaper, Mike , the guy i was dealing with had the Mavic elite but when I asked him if he was buying again like now which one ? He said Zonda. Haven't used them yet due to crap weather, but hopefully soon and Look forward to trying them out.

on the Zondas, can anyone give an opinion on how these compare to the Fulcrum Racing three

are they a bit better, much better or a different league entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i find Campagnolo / Fulcrum rear hubs needs lots of loving (dont like the wet irish weather) compared to Mavics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

these aren't the Elites... they are the entry level Kyrsiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Aegir wrote: »
    on the Zondas, can anyone give an opinion on how these compare to the Fulcrum Racing three

are they a bit better, much better or a different league entirely?

They are more or less identical to the Fulcrum 3 except for the rear spoke lacing/design, same rim, same spokes, same hubs/bearings. I'm sure you are aware that Fulcrum is owned by Campagnolo, the wheels are most likely made side by side in the same factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Kyrsium Elites for €399 at 4theBike.de https://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/aluminium/12956/mavic-ksyrium-elite-16-m-25-laufradsatz-schwarz
    Bought a pair from them a couple of years ago and quite pleased with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

They don't have to be bought in EU warehouses. I'll list what I know of to have EU Stock, and add Gizchina

Cero ar24

Advertisement