Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Applicant to Medicine

Options
  • 06-03-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys

Can anyone please give me some advice. I'm 30 years old - self employed and with no formal qualifications (no leaving cert). Please tell me where someone at my age begins at embarking on a course of study for medicine. I feel like it would be extremely difficult?

Thanks so much for your help - any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Why not contact the Mature Student Office of the university you're interested in? They should be able to guide you.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciara33

Hi check out the threads for 'mature entry medicine 2017' and for previous years - there is a lot of good information on those if you read through them. Also, you could decide to sit your full Leaving Cert - the colleges will be looking for proof of academic ability.... it's not impossible if you really want it.

Advertisement