Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First car insurance, average prices? Best deals?

Options
  • 06-03-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Ireland, I have been here only for a couple of months now. I work in the IT / Software Engineering industry.

I am planning to get a full Irish license, and to get a small used car for family purposes (Groceries, my wife dropping kids at school .. etc).

I have read a lot about insurance quotes in Ireland and how expensive and hard it is to get a quote for a new driver (even though i have been driving back home for 7 years and have an international driving license). Some of the numbers actually scared me !!

On average, how much would it cost me for 1st year insurance? I am planning to get a used car in the range of 2500 euros. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement