Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claims letter quoting incident even though you had not liability

Options
  • 06-03-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Last year another driver tipped my wing mirror while on wrong side of the road having come out from behind a parked car.
    The other party was ready to drive off and I said I'd call the garda - change their mind and swapped details.

I contacted my insurer to notify of my intention to claim from the other drivers insurance and also called the other drivers insurer to notify them.
    Got a call back from the other drivers insurer to say their insured was disputing the incident and they would only pay 50% of the total damage - I wouldn't accept it and they said without other evidence that was all they would pay.

Thankfully I had images of the scene, where cars stopped etc and sent them in - got a call back saying that they were accepting liability, repair done, all good.

Fast forward to last week when I got a letter for renewal and on the no claims cert it states "We note from our files that the last incident under this policy occured on xx xxxx 2017 (excluding
    windscreen claims)."
    I was a annoyed that this was on my no claims letter - it has no basis being there and I think its prejudicial.
    I queried it with the broker but they said underwriter said it won't effect no claims bonus.
    I still not happy - is this normal? Has anyone else queried it and had it removed or amended to say you were not liable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's standard practice.

Even though nothing was ultimately paid out it was still a notified incident and as such has to appear on the documents.

Advertisement