Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rail point to point taxsaver ticket Newbridge - Pearse Station

Options
  • 05-03-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just purchased an annual taxsaver ticket from Newbridge to Heuston station + bus and luas feeder.
    I email taxsaver beforehand asking if this covered the rail service from Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock (alighting at Pearse)
    I received 2 replies
    1 send this option was covered
    3 said I should get the train to Heuston 145 to Tara St and then the DART

Does anyone here make this journey on a taxsaver ?
    Which reply is correct?
    The card is valid from 1st March
    I tried using the card for my return journey today
    Didn't need to use it on way in
    I tried tagging on at Pearse with my leap card and it said purchase necessary.
    I have registered the card online and if I put it on the machine reader it shows as an annual pass
    I'll contact taxsaver tomorrow but wondered if anyone here had any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong or whether I need to pay an additional fee to travel to Pearse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Its allowing you through the barriers at Pearse?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kc56

All Taxsaver tickets with City Centre extension are also valid on trains via Phoemix Park Tunnel to Grand Canal Dock. Mine certainly does.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Its allowing you through the barriers at Pearse?

No it didn't allow me through.. that's why I was asking
    When I tried to tag on at Pearse it said purchase neccessary
    I currently have the taxsaver ticket on it but no additional credit

I got it from Newbridge to Heuston this morning and it worked fine.

kc56 wrote: »
    All Taxsaver tickets with City Centre extension are also valid on trains via Phoemix Park Tunnel to Grand Canal Dock. Mine certainly does.

Thanks, that's what I would have presumed I'll try it again today and if there are issues I'll contact Taxsaver

I found out what the problem was.. when the card was ordered it was ordered for Newbridge to Connolly with bus & luas extension.
    It needed to be changed to Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock with the bus & luas extension.

Thanks for your replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

How much was this option if you don't mind me asking? Trying to get a ticket from Newbridge to Pearse but HR are having trouble setting up a ticket for that route.

dmn22 wrote: »
    How much was this option if you don't mind me asking? Trying to get a ticket from Newbridge to Pearse but HR are having trouble setting up a ticket for that route.

It's 430 euro per annum or 43 per month extra for the Luas/145 extension which also covers trains to Grand Canal Dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

The annual cost is €430 for all that? I’m on that route also to GCD and paying a lot more on the rail short hop annual ticket.
    kc56 wrote: »
    It's 430 euro per annum or 43 per month extra for the Luas/145 extension which also covers trains to Grand Canal Dock.

CFC007 wrote: »
    The annual cost is €430 for all that? I’m on that route also to GCD and paying a lot more on the rail short hop annual ticket.

It extra on top of the Newbridge-Heuston point-to-point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Is it really that expensive from Newbridge to Dublin? Someone in the NTA must live in Sallins/Naas as the difference in price and services from Newbridge and Sallins is insane.

€181 a month from Sallins to Heuston/Grand Canal with Dart, Luas, Commuter Rail and DB
    €280 a month from Newbridge to Heuston/Grand Canal with Luas (Central Only) & DB (145 & 90 Only)

€100 extra a month for less services' in a station 5 minutes away. A student ticket from Newbridge would cost more than an Adult from Sallins. You couldn't make it up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement