Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit

Options
  • 05-03-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone know how long MB takes to process?sent off my forms today. is the wait long? I have already given birth so the sooner this is processed the better.i was an inpatient for the majority of my pregnancy so that was the reason for not applying sooner.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

newmam1 wrote:
    Would anyone know how long MB takes to process?sent off my forms today. is the wait long? I have already given birth so the sooner this is processed the better.i was an inpatient for the majority of my pregnancy so that was the reason for not applying sooner.Thanks

Hi new mam, from the time i sent application to response to say it was approved was about 4 weeks, I won't be starting it for another few weeks though so not my sure if it will be quicker or not for you given that you have already given birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Hi
    I did mine in January and it took 3 weeks. It would have been processed sooner only I had to get an extra form filled out by my employer. Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I know it's no help to you now, but if you do it online it takes a couple of days. Might be of benefit to others reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

There seems to be no consistency. I posted everything and got a letter back a week later. Husband applied for his paternity leave 6 weeks ago and is yet to hear back, when I phoned them they said that they do it in a que system. Hope you don't have to wait too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi it came through in 4 days for me in total i got 200e a week for me and baby

• Advertisement
Advertisement