Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many can I pay for on a Leap Card

Options
  • 05-03-2018 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

I have my own leap card and my kids have their own too, we don't often use the bus though and I currently only have one of the kids ones topped up as I usually only have one with me at a time. Can I pay for up to 3 kids on the one childs leapcard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, they'll just print you tickets for the other two kids and charge the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Common enough in summer to take for 30 plus children on one card. Teachers use them for school trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No limit, once there is credit

• Registered Users Posts: 78,286 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note the below. The under 5 may look to have their own ticket! :)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Fares-and-Tickets/Child/
    Who qualifies for Child Fares?
    Under 5’s:
    One child under 5 years of age can travel free when accompanied by a fare paying adult provided that during busy periods, the child does not occupy a seat to the exclusion of another customer.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Be aware that if you're making a journey that involves more than one bus, you'll pay more doing it this way as the extra printed tickets won't get the Travel 90 discount.

Also if you're making multiple journeys in the one day/week, fare capping won't come into play either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement